The first PlaNet Event of 2013 has learning as its theme:
The Learning PlaNet will be held on Wednesday 20th February at Bargoed Library. (car park and lift at rear)
From 12:30 – 3pm (registration at 12:15pm)
A buffet lunch will be included on arrival.
The purpose of the event is to share information and collect parents/carers views so they can be used for the planning of services for their families.
The event is aimed at: all parents/carers of children and young people aged 0-25 years old across Caerphilly Borough.
The event will include:
- Feedback from our December Event
- Information on the Welfare Reform Benefits Changes
- Single Plan on line consultation – Responding on line
- Parent Network - Live Website Launch by Aber Web Design
- Plus Workshops including:
- Family Learning –your chance to help design the information sent out to parents. – Louise Aston
- Practical I.T Workshop – Internet Safety (5th February was internet safety day)
- Guided tour of the new Library and its facilities and become a member
- Parent Network – consultation on what training and workshops parents would like us to offer
There will be a crèche and transport facilities available on request. (booking required)
The Crèche will be held in the children’s area of the Library and will be an opportunity for the children to play with the library resources.
A market place will also be set up to help delegates find out about the services available to them.
To book your place at the event or for more information please contact: Holly Armitage on: 01443 875444 or e-mail at: email@example.com
Bookings close on the 15th of February 2013.
The overall aim of the PlaNet Event held at Llancaiach Fawr in December, was for parents to have their voices heard.
We were able to share information about the development process of:
- the Single Integrated Plan
- to celebrate and share the work of the Youth Forum
- and to hold interactive workshops that would give delegates the opportunity to find out more about services and have their say in shaping them. It was also an opportunity for parents to share ideas, to offer support to each other and to have the opportunity to contribute to the development of services as one parent put it ‘have the service developed with us instead of for us and to us!’
Some photographs from the last event: